Grid Tied (On Grid) System
This type of system works parallel to the grid system and reduces your consumption of electricity from the grid. This system is a beneficial solution when the grid downtime is less during the day time.
Advantages of Grid Tied system
- Reduces the electricity expenses to a large extent (depends on the usage pattern of customer)
- Reduces the cost of the system as batteries are not a part of this system.
- Grid can be used a virtual battery bank. Beneficial when Net Metering is in place.
- No Maintenance is required other cleaning of panels regularly.
- Investment is recovered in approximately 5 yr time (Payback period may vary for different locations)
- Environment friendly system.
Disadvantages of Grid Tied system
This system works only when the intelligent Inverter of the system get a reference current from the grid or the DG set.